An important ministry at the celebration of churches liturgy.
- Men and Women welcome
- All ushers should be registered in the parish
- All ushers should arrive at least 15 minutes before their scheduled duties
- Ushers should wear their name tags
- Greet parishioners as they enter for worship
- Help in seating arrangements
- Help parishioners with strollers and walkers to be seated in the reserved area.
- Ask parishioners or visitors if they would like to do the presentation of the gifts (Please avoid choosing same people often)
- Provide the weekly bulletin to members of the congregation
- Take up the offertory collection. Please preform this task slowly. (Four ministers required)
- Organize the gift bearers for the procession to the altar (Two ushers should go along with the procession with the Offertory)
- The two ushers should take the Offertory to the safe
- After Mass the ushers wish everyone a good day. They also do a bit of tidy up in the church
- In case of emergency, handle the situation with courage and composure
- All ushers are required to serve once every 3 months at a Mass different from their regular Mass
- The pastor offers a workshop once every two years
“On the job training” is provided by working alongside experienced Ushers.
Workshop: once every two years for all ministers in the parish
Please contact the parish office at 416-239-1259 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for details or fill in the Ministry Form and return it to the Parish Office.